Sunday, September 7, 2008

We Make Our Own Everyday Miracles

The title may seem a bit weird, but I was not sure how to express what I was wanting to write about. Things have been very difficult for the past year - now even more so. But I try to keep my children's happiness in mind as we live this life. It came to me the other day while meditating "We make our own miracles." At the time, I wasn't really sure of the meaning. But today, and reflecting back on the past few weeks, I now understand better.

I'll start with today. Money is extremely tight but one of my daughters was invited to the homecoming dance. This is her first dance with a date and I know she really needed to go. We went shopping and while she was trying on a bunch of dresses, I prayed we would find one she liked and it would be very affordable. She didn't care for any she tried on and as she was dressing again, I told her I would go and see if maybe we missed something. We found a nice black dress in her size! How we missed it I couldn't tell you.

She tried it on and it looked great! She told me the price, $59.99 and I was like ok, then she said but it's half off! Great! While she redressed I headed to the shoe department to see what they had available. Looking thru the whole department - I told her, "Sorry, they do not have anything." She told me I'm gonna keep looking. She got to the back of the store and found a perfect looking shoe to compliment her dress, but it was too small. We about gave up then on the last row at the back was the perfect shoe in her size! You guessed it 70 % off! Great. Then a voice over the rack said, "there is an extra 40% off of that - the shoes will be $6.30!" Wow and they matched the dress exactly!

So, heading to the register - planning on paying $36.30 for the entire outfit! We were so proud of ourselves! The cashier rings up the purchase and I about fell over! She said the total is $18.30! Yes, for the great dress and perfect shoes for homecoming! Wow - a miracle. Maybe not the kind of miracle we all think about - but in itself a miracle in our lives right now!

If we had given up and not followed our gut, we would have left without the perfect dress and shoes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful! I'm so glad it worked out! She's going to have a wonderful time!

Lakelandmom said...

Where did you find such a great deal!? That's a very uplifting story, glad it worked out for you. I found you had visited my site, thanks.

Mish said...

I always knew Bealls had good sales but this one was unbelievable!