Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Frustrations with Missing Person Cases

I am unsure why God has given me certain gifts. Understanding why and how to use them seems to be the major question in my life. Though many areas of my life seem to be in turmoil, the idea of helping others seems to help me emotionally. I had been giving free readings on a site I belong to, but have only done a few recently. I have been focusing the time I have on missing person cases.

Although my information does not always seem to be 100% accurate, some info on one case did agree with what has been now found to be fact in the case. Unfortunately, it was not enough to have found the missing person or answer more questions that have now come about regarding the case. At first, I was very upset about all the information not matching where I thought the person was. It was a very difficult day. Then another person who has “gifts” told me to look at what I had been given to see all that was correct and not focus on what has not been shown to be so yet. Especially in this case there are still so many unanswered questions and all may never come out, so you may not be wrong at all! It really helped me thru my doubts.

It took me a bit, but then decided to try and see what I could get on another case. I have since posted that information on a site, but unfortunately the young person has not been found as of yet. I hope and pray that he is found safe and happy.

I was requested to do a reading on a young woman that has been missing for a number of years. I decided to try. I hope some day they will be able to find her so her family can begin to heal.

Why I initially began to write this morning was as I decided to see if anyone else had posted any visions or updates on a case – there were none. I find it very difficult to understand why one missing child case receives so much more media coverage then another missing child. These children all deserve to be kept in the public eye to assist in finding them. What causes the media or law enforcement not to publicize and keep these poor children on the front page? One case is bombarded and has been in the media non-stop since July 2008 while a young boy who went missing more recently – and has still yet to be found – is never mentioned?

The cases I am referring to are only in my state at the time. But is this happening elsewhere too? How can we keep these missing children in the public eye? I guess this is a dilemma many people have already posed, but it is very frustrating. I know some missing persons associations are trying to help this matter, but the question is – what else can we do?

No comments: